Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sonerin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 am

This has come to my attention.

People go around committing major crimes in public (bank.) Hell, what's next? Start hanging people from the trees, perhaps. You have to roleplay that there would be police, and security guards. You are infront of a bank, not an alleyway fap-corner. Roleplay some fear, don't go all blitzkrieg because there are no cops online.

Today some wolves attacked someone, killing him right at the bank. No cops were online. But this doesn't mean that there are no cops in the town. A witness can quickly call the police and shoot them down, but this fear never gets roleplayed.

You should realise the fact that Palamino Creek is not a 6th Century bandit town.
avatar
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.
Posts : 355
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Turkey.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Nero on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 am

Like it will mean anything to them... This has been said before, and still nothing changed >.>

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 603
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 20
Location : New Venturas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Dominique LaRue on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:55 am

Welcome to one of thebiggest and most relevant problems of SA-MP roleplay. Because of our towns being completely empty and seemingly desolate of life, people choose to roleplay that to their advantage. Our some-odd 60 or so players and 25-odd online peaks should be enough to tell us that that is obviously not all of Palomino Creek represented.

It should be assumed that Palomino Creek is still a decently-sized town of at least a few thousand people and that, as such, there are a bunch of NPCs living around. Sure, you don't always need to roleplay them around- but in the very public areas such as the bank, it should be assumed that there are always a few NPCs and, just as well, a few police around.

In general, I avoid roleplaying any sort of crime in public unless it is a desperate situation or night time (or a combination of both). It can be assumed that if you're carrying around a military-grade heavy assault weapon or devouring someone alive in werewolf form in the middle of the day, someone passing by/driving by/looking out from their window will call the police or for help.

Just some food for thought, thank you Sonerin.

_________________
Dominique LaRue
LaRue Investigations


☦️ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭
Mashina Import & Export Company


Dr. Friedhelm Hans Metzger, M.D. Ph.D.
Neurologist/Psychologist from Germany

Special use only. (IE: Forum RP, IG Events)
Spoiler:
Governor Thomas J. Woodham
Vice-Chair of the San Andreas Licensing Commission, since 1989
The State of San Andreas
avatar
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

Posts : 443
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 34
Location : Palomino Creek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sonerin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 am

This is not only about wolves, and yes they have to roleplay fear. Wolves don't march into cities for a reason. The crowded streets, honking vehicles would scare them.

Not only that, people go around killing people right infront of the bank. Hell, I've seen someone holding an M4 in his hand and speaking to people. I've got robbed infront of the bank for 2 times in a single day.
avatar
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.
Posts : 355
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Turkey.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Dominique LaRue on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am

Sonerin wrote:This is not only about wolves, and yes they have to roleplay fear. Wolves don't march into cities for a reason. The crowded streets, honking vehicles would scare them.

Not only that, people go around killing people right infront of the bank. Hell, I've seen someone holding an M4 in his hand and speaking to people. I've got robbed infront of the bank for 2 times in a single day.

In general, people are carrying their guns around a lot. Cops really need to crack down on people and start checking weapons licenses. Also, may I note, that a weapons license in the United States doesn't allow you to carry a weapon around so brazenly. Concealed weaponry is allowed- and for larger guns, it is assumed that they are not carried on the streets but carried either on duty of a job or inside a home, or carried to hunt with and - as such- they would be in bags.

So if you have an automatic gun or a shotgun, any of those larger weapons, carrying them on your back- licensed or not- is not cool.

_________________
Dominique LaRue
LaRue Investigations


☦️ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭
Mashina Import & Export Company


Dr. Friedhelm Hans Metzger, M.D. Ph.D.
Neurologist/Psychologist from Germany

Special use only. (IE: Forum RP, IG Events)
Spoiler:
Governor Thomas J. Woodham
Vice-Chair of the San Andreas Licensing Commission, since 1989
The State of San Andreas
avatar
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

Posts : 443
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 34
Location : Palomino Creek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sam Akabara on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Topics on the forum do nothing...People talk for ages about it then....Nothing.
99.9% of forum topics=Do nothing on the server itself.

_________________

avatar
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Posts : 951
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Dominique LaRue on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Moriarty wrote:Topics on the forum do nothing...People talk for ages about it then....Nothing.
99.9% of forum topics=Do nothing on the server itself.

A server learned long ago.

But I know for a fact that the various faction leaders read the forum- all of them do, and above me is one example of that.

Trickle down theory, people. Faction leaders, you should be managing the quality of roleplay coming out of your factions- including things like these. In my mind, a forum doesn't need thousands of members- as long as the faction leaders are on the forums discussing things and the few odd players, things can get done.

Ask your members to stop carrying big guns in public. Ask them to take care in front of the bank.

Police/FBI peeps? Start cracking down -hard- on people committing crimes irresponsibly. Start checking weapons licenses. I know that the server is small and that the police force are small too- but I rarely see any arrests being made personally. I see police online, but they're never where it counts, it seems. That strip near the bank is where everything happens. It's not metagaming to know that things go on in that alleyway because bodies keep turning up there and people keep getting robbed there- so no, it's not unrealistic for a cop to pull up and take a quick foot patrol through the alleyways.

_________________
Dominique LaRue
LaRue Investigations


☦️ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭
Mashina Import & Export Company


Dr. Friedhelm Hans Metzger, M.D. Ph.D.
Neurologist/Psychologist from Germany

Special use only. (IE: Forum RP, IG Events)
Spoiler:
Governor Thomas J. Woodham
Vice-Chair of the San Andreas Licensing Commission, since 1989
The State of San Andreas
avatar
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

Posts : 443
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 34
Location : Palomino Creek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Simon Bourne on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Yeah Sense says the 14-16 year old kid with a car and a private armory in his house....

Anyway, people should feel free to kill or commit crimes in public as long as they face the outcome of it and dont whine in the OOC Chat.
avatar
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War
Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere in Nevada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sonerin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:17 pm

RomeKovz wrote:Yeah Sense says the 14-16 year old kid with a car and a private armory in his house....

Anyway, people should feel free to kill or commit crimes in public as long as they face the outcome of it and dont whine in the OOC Chat.

Armory?

Oh and, you can get a license at the age 16, and drive a car with an adult with you. It's not like teenagers are subhumans that can't push a pedal down.

avatar
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.
Posts : 355
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Turkey.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Simon Bourne on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Sonerin wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:Yeah Sense says the 14-16 year old kid with a car and a private armory in his house....

Anyway, people should feel free to kill or commit crimes in public as long as they face the outcome of it and dont whine in the OOC Chat.

Armory?

Oh and, you can get a license at the age 16, and drive a car with an adult with you. It's not like teenagers are subhumans that can't push a pedal down.


Hence i was talking about me in the 'armory' part u.u

But no one will go at you, because by every 1 badass PC has, there's 10 more like him or her...

FACT: People doesn't give a shit if they commit a crime or not.
avatar
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War
Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere in Nevada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sonerin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:22 pm

RomeKovz wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:Yeah Sense says the 14-16 year old kid with a car and a private armory in his house....

Anyway, people should feel free to kill or commit crimes in public as long as they face the outcome of it and dont whine in the OOC Chat.

Armory?

Oh and, you can get a license at the age 16, and drive a car with an adult with you. It's not like teenagers are subhumans that can't push a pedal down.


Hence i was talking about me in the 'armory' part u.u

But no one will go at you, because by every 1 badass PC has, there's 10 more like him or her...

FACT: People doesn't give a shit if they commit a crime or not.

Because they don't have anything to lose. This is no different than running away from someone while you are being held in gunpoint. It's possible, you don't really die, but it's non-RP and against the rules. It's not realistic to slice people into pieces infront of the bank.
avatar
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.
Posts : 355
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Turkey.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:25 pm

It's Strange...

...How can you say that it makes no logic for people to commit "Major" Crimes on the street...

...When 15 years old character of yours is making Racist Graffiti and threating to kill someone.

At other hand:

People chop the shit out of someone RPly, in front of the bank and walk home normally...

...And Police doesn't investigates that at all, the body stay there and no one cares about it...

Basically he has no fear of riding the lighting, AKA Death Punishment in the goddamn prison, Or something even worser.

I found it interesting when my Sultan and Elegy got hotwired, no matter there were few people around it.

They just called the admins and har har drove away, Not fearing the police at all...

...Basically if you kill someone you should RPly except police at your doors...

avatar
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Posts : 1098
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 21
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sonerin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Nicolas wrote:It's Strange...

...How can you say that it makes no logic for people to commit "Major" Crimes on the street...

...When 15 years old character of yours is making Racist Graffiti and threating to kill someone.

At other hand:

People chop the shit out of someone RPly, in front of the bank and walk home normally...

...And Police doesn't investigates that at all, the body stay there and no one cares about it...

Basically he has no fear of riding the lighting, AKA Death Punishment in the goddamn prison, Or something even worser.

I found it interesting when my Sultan and Elegy got hotwired, no matter there were few people around it.

They just called the admins and har har drove away, Not fearing the police at all...

...Basically if you kill someone you should RPly except police at your doors...


"lolu15unobeiligel"

Dump your crap elsewhere. Just because my character is young doesn't mean he can't buy a spray can and spray up a wall in an alleyway, where no people come or go.
avatar
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.
Posts : 355
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Turkey.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Peter Greenson on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm

If it means that SD has the right to fine and jail you for excessive times then so be it. If you don't want to RP the planning, the angst, and the fear of committing a crime and getting away with it then you can sit in the police prison cell with no money for upwards to two hours. How would you Non RPers like that? There is no court system to save you.
People can report crimes on the IC thread... I hope the police checks them out.
avatar
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2558
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Sonerin wrote:
Nicolas wrote:It's Strange...

...How can you say that it makes no logic for people to commit "Major" Crimes on the street...

...When 15 years old character of yours is making Racist Graffiti and threating to kill someone.

At other hand:

People chop the shit out of someone RPly, in front of the bank and walk home normally...

...And Police doesn't investigates that at all, the body stay there and no one cares about it...

Basically he has no fear of riding the lighting, AKA Death Punishment in the goddamn prison, Or something even worser.

I found it interesting when my Sultan and Elegy got hotwired, no matter there were few people around it.

They just called the admins and har har drove away, Not fearing the police at all...

...Basically if you kill someone you should RPly except police at your doors...


"lolu15unobeiligel"

Dump your crap elsewhere. Just because my character is young doesn't mean he can't buy a spray can and spray up a wall in an alleyway, where no people come or go.

" Do you see what I see? Truth is an offense-

You silence for your confidence. "

I'm just saying...

Anyway:

Well tbh you kill a guy and get jailed for 30 minutes.. and lose some money too...

That world is like that IRL, People would be killing each other every day and it would be worser that it is in VHRP.

I'm not trying to say that if you commit a crime you should get CKed, but people should really stop acting dumb and making useless crimes.. like mugging on the street because someone gave you free gun.

Alright, Go on make graffiti and such. But please don't kill people with your gas masks on and similar. <--- Or whatever. Since you're creator of your character...

Or wait:...

"Do whatever makes you happy".
avatar
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Posts : 1098
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 21
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Peter Greenson on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:14 pm

If the crime is big enough I think a non-refundable CK account ban would be a deterrent to doing it and getting caught (you will anyways soon enough).
Harsh? Not really....
avatar
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2558
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Jamie Steel on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 am

Greenson wrote:If the crime is big enough I think a non-refundable CK account ban would be a deterrent to doing it and getting caught
This. However the ban should be lifted after a period of time. I.e: Months. Much like a real prison sentence. I would suggest a prison, however there are only 10-20 players on at any given time, so they'd either all be in jail or on their own in prison, either way not fun.
avatar
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2011-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Peter Greenson on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:11 am

Not if they dont commit serious crimes?
avatar
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2558
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sonerin on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am

Greenson wrote:If the crime is big enough I think a non-refundable CK account ban would be a deterrent to doing it and getting caught (you will anyways soon enough).
Harsh? Not really....

I agree. Like serial killings, terrorism, or other. People don't really care about the consequences, since all they are going to get is 1 hour jail and 500$ fine. We should make the PD more strict about this, having them arrest people who brandish their heavy weaponry (people with swords on the streets, what the fuck?).
avatar
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.
Posts : 355
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Turkey.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Peter Greenson on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 am

Sonerin wrote:We should make the PD more strict about this, having them arrest people who brandish their heavy weaponry (people with swords on the streets, what the fuck?).

PD should give this punishment out for this '1 hour jail and 500$ fine'
and an account ban for this 'Like serial killings, terrorism, or other.'

It's only logical.
avatar
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2558
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Victor_Jankowski on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:10 pm

There are a few suggestions. For an example, if a person has comitted multiple murder, we can arrest the person for RPly years and they can.... idk, get... account-banned for a few days? ( Like Nick Jones did, but he was voluntarily ) AND a Non Refundabla CK system lke you said, RPly Death Sentence. Seeing someone getting RP fried could help somehow

_________________
avatar
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Posts : 531
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 23
Location : In the 5th Hell.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Bryan_Dan on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:12 am

I totally agree with Sonerin about this. People should RP fear, and trust me guys, none of you would commit a crime in real life.

There are CCTV around, the cops are watching you.
But just because they're not online, doesn't mean you can commit a crime.

There should be a rule saying that no one can commit any kind of crimes when at least ONE police officer isn't on.
avatar
Bryan_Dan
Human
Human

Posts : 185
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada, Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Simon Bourne on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Bryan_Dan wrote:I totally agree with Sonerin about this. People should RP fear, and trust me guys, none of you would commit a crime in real life.

There are CCTV around, the cops are watching you.
But just because they're not online, doesn't mean you can commit a crime.

There should be a rule saying that no one can commit any kind of crimes when at least ONE police officer isn't on.

Off Line cops = People needs to use the OOC crime info topic i made for the SD...to actually HELP the police.
avatar
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War
Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere in Nevada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Mike Dan on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Okay..

You can always tell the player to RP Fear... >.>
get proof.. And afew SSes.. I myself never enter the town without company

aaaaaannnddd..... Cops in the " Town " Don't patrol on foot, Not as far as i know, So cops would be probaly patroling in vehicles, It takes time to reach the scene ya know , But I Agree, Wolves shouldn't attack people right infront of the bank.
avatar
Mike Dan
Vampire
Vampire

Personal Text : TFK
Posts : 230
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sense. Are there any left in the bucket?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum