About the NPC Civilians.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About the NPC Civilians.

Post by Simon Bourne on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 pm

This ..."thing" should be removed, i mean, if there's NPC civilians, Palomino Creek would have the highest death rate in the world, and there's like ...only 50 houses for apparently 2000 people, it's not fucking realistic.

You drive around the corner at high speed (like most of the server usually drives) and you run over a crowd and keep driving, and not to mention the big shootouts, where a single stray bullet can kill 2 or 3 civilians passing by, it's just not realistic.

Please, SMT or Admin team, remove this "NPC Civilian" thing, they should only be RPed in the Sheriff's Department and the Hospital located in Montgomery.
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: About the NPC Civilians.

Post by Sam Akabara on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:08 pm

There's not "2000" random NPC's crowding the streets.
There's a few.

Think of them as background extras in a movie.

Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Moriarty wrote:There's not "2000" random NPC's crowding the streets.
There's a few.

Think of them as background extras in a movie.

Extras that never happened to turn into Wolf Chow during the Wolf-fever? Oh right, wolves can't NPC eating animals nor NPC people.
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Point is, in real life, in America, in such a small town you don't see people in the middle of the streets with MP5's, Deagle's in their hands acting badass, without masks or anything, it's just not roleplay. Doesn't even happen that often in countries where laws are followed less.
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Kevin wrote:Point is, in real life, in America, in such a small town you don't see people in the middle of the streets with MP5's, Deagle's in their hands acting badass, without masks or anything, it's just not roleplay. Doesn't even happen that often in countries where laws are followed less.

Over here, it does happen, shit they even rob armored trucks in the middle of the street.
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Over, where?
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neon Router on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:49 pm

We had NPC civilians?
Well being that I'm still banned from the server, and now pretty much over my time of being banned, I'm surprised to hear the word "NPC"

It really depends on how their script is. Do they do anything besides go along a waypoint?
If not, then it's pretty much useless.
But I wouldn't know.
I'M STILL BANNED SOMEHOW.
Neon Router
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 pm

The Constipator wrote:...
We had NPC civilians?
Well being that I'm still banned from the server, and now pretty much over my time of being banned, I'm surprised to hear the word "NPC"

It really depends on how their script is. Do they do anything besides go along a waypoint?
But I wouldn't know.

Not those kind of NPC's..."imaginary background characters"

Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neon Router on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Moriarty wrote:
The Constipator wrote:...
We had NPC civilians?

But I wouldn't know.

Not those kind of NPC's..."imaginary background characters"
Well that was a relief. I thought SAMP became interesting.
Anyway, so, people don't want to roleplay the fact that there are other people in Palomino Creek instead of the machomen and catwomen there are as the players?

...Really?
...For real...?
People drive badly because they IGNORE the fact that they are in a town, with PEOPLE on the PAVEMENT.
And one of the many reasons I hated this server was...
People driving on the fucking sidewalk in the wrong direction while cheering to cops to catch them. I mean, REALLY NOW? They see a stretch of pavement with no pedestrians, they think, "Hey, let's drive on the fucking PAVEMENT!" as if their some midtown madness driver.

Really, people. Really. It ain't a fault of the server, or these "roleplayed people," it's the playerbase who can't learn when the be fucking realistic.
And when they are realistic, their blowing the fuck out of peoples heads with snipers and shotguns. I mean, come on. Whatever happened to the "Drive around and do your daily routine"? Instead all we do is drive in circles at the bank waiting for a person to troll, whether it's a pedestrian, cop or other driver. "NPC" pedestrians aren't the problem. It's the fucking playerbase who never drove a fucking car in real life.
Neon Router
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyol Daniels on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:55 pm

A few npc's wouldnt be to hard to add in.
Although i dont know if
1. the server would shit itself when we add them and not work
2. if management want them added in.
Kyol Daniels
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:57 pm

RomeKovz wrote:
Kevin wrote:Point is, in real life, in America, in such a small town you don't see people in the middle of the streets with MP5's, Deagle's in their hands acting badass, without masks or anything, it's just not roleplay. Doesn't even happen that often in countries where laws are followed less.

Over here, it does happen, shit they even rob armored trucks in the middle of the street.

Kevin wrote:Point is, in real life, in America, in such a small town

Kevin wrote:Point is, in real life, in America,

Kevin wrote:in America

This sounds to me like someone asking for the problem to be overlooked rather than fixed. "It'd have the highest death count in the world because of people who can't drive and have shoot-outs in public." Uh. Derp. That's the point. That's why we have the NPC rule.

You should not be pulling guns around in public and having shoot-outs. You should not be comitting crimes in plain sight. You should not be defecating on people's cars in front of the bank because they're inside and can't see you. You should not be wolf-forming (yes, I know werewolves are removed) behind people's homes.

Read the sign when you enter Palomino Creek- the one we spawn next to. Palomino Creek has a population of like... 50k? Forget, you take a look. It's a scaled-down version of it because we wouldn't use or want to use a realistically-sized version. (It'd look boring, I'd know because I live in a town like Palomino Creek)

So yeah.

☦ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭
Mashina Import & Export Company

Dr. Friedhelm Hans Metzger, M.D. Ph.D.
Neurologist/Psychologist from Germany

Special use only. (IE: Forum RP, IG Events)
Spoiler:
Governor Thomas J. Woodham
Vice-Chair of the San Andreas Licensing Commission, since 1989
The State of San Andreas
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Seeker wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

Kevin wrote:Point is, in real life, in America, in such a small town

Kevin wrote:Point is, in real life, in America,

This sounds to me like someone asking for the problem to be overlooked rather than fixed. "It'd have the highest death count in the world because of people who can't drive and have shoot-outs in public." Uh. Derp. That's the point. That's why we have the NPC rule.

You should not be pulling guns around in public and having shoot-outs. You should not be comitting crimes in plain sight. You should not be defecating on people's cars in front of the bank because they're inside and can't see you. You should not be wolf-forming (yes, I know werewolves are removed) behind people's homes.

Read the sign when you enter Palomino Creek- the one we spawn next to. Palomino Creek has a population of like... 50k? Forget, you take a look. It's a scaled-down version of it because we wouldn't use or want to use a realistically-sized version. (It'd look boring, I'd know because I live in a town like Palomino Creek)

So yeah.

Uhh, you're telling me that America is not the place that has a shitload of gang shootouts ? Not to mention the World's highest crime rate..at least in '98 ..
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:40 pm

RomeKovz wrote:
Uhh, you're telling me that America is not the place that has a shitload of gang shootouts ? Not to mention the World's highest crime rate..at least in '98 ..

No, yeah, you're right. A foreigner's got a better grasp of how life in my country is. Sorry, I was just sorta shook up because just earlier, a gang of people walked past with shotguns and AKs strapped to their backs and they started having a shootout in front of my home. Then someone ran them all over and smashed into the side of my home. It's been kinda an average day, but I just wish that it didn't have to happen to me.

☦ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭

Spoiler:
The State of San Andreas
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Welcome to Palomino Creek a wonderfull town,Oh so quite with the tractors go around.So wonderfull.

Guy:Well fuck that,RIOOOOOOOOOTTTTT

*The mayor announces war*

Mayor:Let the game begin!
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : So the pic^^ there is me sitting in a car,Don't hate!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Take a trip to the Balkan, come back, and then lets see if you changed your mind. There there's plenty of public things happening, and the police is corrupted, but still it doesn't happen like this, at all. The way you do it is unrealistic. If you make this server a total violence ville then we will act and don't whine when guns become really rare for a person to have.
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Kevin wrote:Take a trip to the Balkan, come back, and then lets see if you changed your mind. There there's plenty of public things happening, and the police is corrupted, but still it doesn't happen like this, at all. The way you do it is unrealistic. If you make this server a total violence ville then we will act and don't whine when guns become really rare for a person to have.

Kevin wrote:to the Balkan

Seeker wrote:

☦ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭

Spoiler:
The State of San Andreas
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:16 am

I was comparing Seeker, giving an example of the worst that could happen, meaning that America is even further than that and still wouldn't reach that level. Might be different places but we are all humans and got something on common in all this civilization.
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 am

I didn't get your point about Balkan, Kevin.

On Topic.

That there ARE NPC civilians, I wouldn't be ignored after driving over the sidewalk.
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:22 am

Romeo claims that all they do in VHRP as in staying in public with guns is normal. I've lived in Balkan, they respect the laws less there, police isn't as organized and yet this doesn't happen, and it's a worst scenario then the one in America where they have a more organized police force and the laws are better enforced. Just trying to prove the fact that what you're doing in public, is unrealistic, there was a person with a Deagle one with a MP5 shooting the wheels of a car in the middle of the day, in public and right in front of the general store with no masks, no escape plan, not even caring at all about the police etc. That is unrealistic, unless Red Country is under invasion which is not.
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:01 am

Kevin wrote:Take a trip to the Balkan, come back, and then lets see if you changed your mind. There there's plenty of public things happening, and the police is corrupted, but still it doesn't happen like this, at all. The way you do it is unrealistic. If you make this server a total violence ville then we will act and don't whine when guns become really rare for a person to have.

Go anywhere in that part of the world and you know Razz (The British Ambassador was assassinated on my street when I lived in the Balkans.)

Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Akimoto on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

VHRP have NPC civillians? Doesn't it cause lag in the server?
Raiden Akimoto
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Fap fap fap, who fap? Shlick shlick shlick who shlick?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Raiden wrote:VHRP have NPC civillians? Doesn't it cause lag in the server?

Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Peter wrote:

Go anywhere in that part of the world and you know Razz (The British Ambassador was assassinated on my street when I lived in the Balkans.)

I know, but even there they don't walk around with such weapons acting badasses on the streets. Cause there's cops who actually do their job and that's enough.
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:21 am

Raiden wrote:VHRP have NPC civillians? Doesn't it cause lag in the server?

Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:15 am

Kevin wrote:
Peter wrote:

I know, but even there they don't walk around with such weapons acting badasses on the streets. Cause there's cops who actually do their job and that's enough.
Local cops closed the road because they were drive-by'd in 2008. The cops are pretty corrupt and well they don't do their jobs if the thing isn't 2 blocks away. They also let some radical dude fire an RPG into the US embassy.
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top