Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by [Graziano]Adrian on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:07 pm

My friend told me that there was a big deal with mafia and guns and money and cars. So me and my friend were about to steal the cars and stuff of them. They beated my friend up. I PM'ed one of them (Sean) /me attempts to shoot in your leg. /do Sniper skill 3. He didn't answer and looked with his camera around to find me. Then he said /do Fail, Victoria screamed sniper so I walked away. I mean.. this is totally non RP. My suggestion:

/me shoots in the leg of Adam_Appelson.
*Scriptly shoot*
/do Adam Appelson lays on the ground, roleplaying his wounds.

This would be much much more better. I try to pm them my bullet shootings, but they just run to their cars and drive off, saying /do Fail without any valid reason. I know I need to report them then, but they were three admins. Even if the admins behave like this, I wouldn't say anything about the players their self. This suggestion is my opinion. Share your opinions.
avatar
[Graziano]Adrian
Vampire
Vampire

Posts : 244
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Aaron_Lee on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Isnt Victoria and Sean suppose to be jailed for this? He is an admin after all and needs to RP in a more, professional way.

Anway On Topic: It depends. I do like this idea because it stops bullet PG.
Example:
/me finishes an entire maagzine without using any of them scriptly.

and also It avoids health PG.

/me has been shot 5 times but survived, but injured and waits of an ambulance...
Well it can still happen but the scipt HP bar will remind them that:
''Man... your dead.''

So I agree with this Idea with the other person's permission like script fight.

_________________
Admins. . .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 548
Join date : 2010-12-21
Age : 19
Location : Philipppines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Kevin Alymer on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 pm

If you RP it, there's no way they can escape as they're not paying attention. But that highly depends on how far you're shooting from and with what type of weapon.
avatar
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Posts : 1383
Join date : 2011-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Tanya Smith on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 pm

You can always ask people for permission to script fight. But script bullets can be really PG'd and abused.

_________________

Tanya Smith • Angelina Clark • Lilith Mendoza


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Tanya Smith
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : If you can see this, I am probably dead now.
Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 22
Location : Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by [Graziano]Adrian on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:25 pm

But script bullets can be really PG'd and abused.
I dont really understand it. Just think:
Player A : /pm B /me attempts to shoot in your face.
Player B : /pm A /do Sucseed.
*Script Shoot*

This can't get abused or PG'd. When you start the fight, you can continue the following five minutes. For another fight, you need to roleplay begin and script fight. Because having weapons with unlimited ammo is a bit non roleplay. It also deleted the reloading thing. As its reloads scriptly.
avatar
[Graziano]Adrian
Vampire
Vampire

Posts : 244
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Matthew Reget on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Noooo, NO SCRIPTING!
This is a roleplay server, let's keep it like that.
avatar
Matthew Reget
Donator
Donator

Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Mike Kakolav on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Actually script=Shit on San Andreas

If its GTA IV then we say we can script shit up because
GTA SA Headshot=Hurray i am alive (Powergame)
GTA IV headshot=Dead.....

So its best to keep it as RP
avatar
Mike Kakolav
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : Hey you yeah you not you yeah you
Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Terry Winston on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Everyone roleplay at all times, if you wanted i suppose you could shoot the person scriptly in the leg then pm them that you have shot them and where but you must rp the effect and before you take the shot coin it to see if you would hit so bit like this


/me aims the sniper lining up the shot.
/me pulls the trigger
/do the bullet flie towards (sed player)

If you level 3 with wep coin it 3 times level 2 do twice etc
If the majoraty of coins go your way then you hit.

Then scriptly shoot the person in leg so they dont die and pm them that you have rped shooting them

Ow SS it allfor good meusre incase they decide not to rp.

_________________
Terry Winston -- Human -- SD Under Sheriff
avatar
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Posts : 638
Join date : 2011-06-02
Age : 25
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Simon Bourne on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:50 am

There's a difference between script fight and RP fights:

Outcomes & Reactions.

If you RP shooting a handgun with 1 hand only, RP the recoil.Same with a Sniper Rifle, it's not a god damn recoil-less rifle, you need to check EVERY detail.
avatar
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War
Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere in Nevada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Bryan_Dan on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:06 am

If you have a deagle and you want to shoot the other player's legs 3 times or more scriptly, he'll die scriptly, So that's the reason why I disagree with this suggestion.
avatar
Bryan_Dan
Human
Human

Posts : 185
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada, Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Simon Bourne on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:17 am

Bryan_Dan wrote:If you have a deagle and you want to shoot the other player's legs 3 times or more scriptly, he'll die scriptly, So that's the reason why I disagree with this suggestion.

Uhmm not really, the Desert Eagle kills in 1 or 2 shots in real life, i don't see any difference ...getting shot in the leg with a .50 caliber handgun, fucking painful.
avatar
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War
Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere in Nevada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Aaron_Lee on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:13 am

Zero. wrote:There's a difference between script fight and RP fights:

Outcomes & Reactions.

If you RP shooting a handgun with 1 hand only, RP the recoil.Same with a Sniper Rifle, it's not a god damn recoil-less rifle, you need to check EVERY detail.

The thing is, not everyone is as knowledgeable about weapons like you... Your one of the little ones who are experts on them and RP operating them like IRL. So not all people have knowledge about it OOC, but have alot IC [Weapon Skills]

Like me, I have no idea about using a gun IRL but I use one IG. And I do it properly [Slide,Saftey off,Magazine,etc..]

_________________
Admins. . .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 548
Join date : 2010-12-21
Age : 19
Location : Philipppines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Jericho Phelps on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:45 am

Zero. wrote:
Bryan_Dan wrote:If you have a deagle and you want to shoot the other player's legs 3 times or more scriptly, he'll die scriptly, So that's the reason why I disagree with this suggestion.

Uhmm not really, the Desert Eagle kills in 1 or 2 shots in real life, i don't see any difference ...getting shot in the leg with a .50 caliber handgun, fucking painful.

1st. IC most of the time it's not a Desert Eagle.
2nd. Getting shot in the leg with anything (even if the damn leg is teared off) is NOT an instakill.
3rd. Scripting system is just fine, if Sean /do Fail for no reason, report him, goddamit.

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?
Posts : 310
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21
Location : The deep internets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by [Graziano]Adrian on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:12 pm

You guys dont understand, all servers uses this;
First we roleplay it,
Then we shoot scriptly to see if it hits, (No coin shit)
Then if it hits you, you roleplay it like IRL, its not that difficult.
EVERY RP server uses this, even the best one. This will add more fun, and less /b-itching. I mean, how can it get abused? IRL when someone shots you, you don't have the chance to say RP or SCRIPT? Actually RP'ing bullets is always RP2WINNING, because they'll always PG like they did yesterday. When I PM them that I want to script, everyone will look around with the camera to see the sniper. They were next to the gas station, and to shoot on the gas station I need to PM all if they get hit or not. And they are just driving off with their sultans and cheetahs. Till I PM then they're already in Los Santos.

/pm SEAN /me aims at your leg, and pulls the trigger.
I get PM back: /do Fail, Victoria screamed SNIPER so I jumped away.

It can get sooo hard abused, if we can script; We'll see if it hits or not. It was at the gas station, just a question for all; What is more fun and RP?

/me shoots at the gas station.
/do Everyone dies?

or;

*Script Shoot*
*BOOM*
*Some of them dies*

I mean when you script, you have the chance to see what happens, because in RP everyone is RP2WINNING. Even the best admins will.
avatar
[Graziano]Adrian
Vampire
Vampire

Posts : 244
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Jericho Phelps on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm

GO ahead, IRL, shoot a gas station, i wanna see stuff blow up.
I-fucking-RL you cant even make a gas tank explode by shooting it. Gas station doesn't even tanks out in the open in GTA and the dispensers or w/e are 79% electronics and mechanisms that move the gas around and 21% pipe.
But if Sean claims he didnt get hit, just script shoot him and see if he didnt. That, infact, SHOULD be allowed.
also /do fail is bs

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?
Posts : 310
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21
Location : The deep internets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by [Graziano]Adrian on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 pm

But if Sean claims he didnt get hit, just script shoot him and see if he didnt. That, infact, SHOULD be allowed.
I'll get ajailed for scripting without permisson + mixing RP with SCRIPT.

I mean, not a sniper; but when I shoot like 20-30 times with an AK-47, it will blow up.
avatar
[Graziano]Adrian
Vampire
Vampire

Posts : 244
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Simon Bourne on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 pm

tagtag wrote:
Zero. wrote:
Bryan_Dan wrote:If you have a deagle and you want to shoot the other player's legs 3 times or more scriptly, he'll die scriptly, So that's the reason why I disagree with this suggestion.

Uhmm not really, the Desert Eagle kills in 1 or 2 shots in real life, i don't see any difference ...getting shot in the leg with a .50 caliber handgun, fucking painful.

1st. IC most of the time it's not a Desert Eagle.
2nd. Getting shot in the leg with anything (even if the damn leg is teared off) is NOT an instakill.
3rd. Scripting system is just fine, if Sean /do Fail for no reason, report him, goddamit.

1st. A lot of people RP the handgun being a Deagle.
2nd. You clearly have no fucking idea of life, a single stray bullet can hit an artery and you'll bleed out in 4-5 minutes.
3rd. Not really, you need permission from now on to scriptly kill people.
avatar
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War
Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere in Nevada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Mike Kakolav on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:47 am

Actually the problem is that this will lead to massive abuse and also in RP everyone wants to roleplay for the win.

Also something tells me this topic will go serious
avatar
Mike Kakolav
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : Hey you yeah you not you yeah you
Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Outcast on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 am

Script fight should be used all the time in my opinion. Where's the fun in typing a bunch of /me's and do's? Also, to kill someone scriptly, it requries a certain ammount of skill, while roleplaying a "gun-fight" can always be abused to avoid getting shot.
avatar
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 23
Location : Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Mike Kakolav on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:41 am

Always avoid getting shot means Roleplaying for the win which is the major problem behind all the problems
avatar
Mike Kakolav
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : Hey you yeah you not you yeah you
Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by [Graziano]Adrian on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:33 pm

But if we are allowed to script, there is no RP2WIN.

I mean; I tried to snipe few days ago one of my best friends.
I PM'ed him/her about that I sniped her, but I failed. And he/she didn't trust me anymore. This will also void MG. I mean when you ever get hit a by bullet, you just do /crack. Not run away.
avatar
[Graziano]Adrian
Vampire
Vampire

Posts : 244
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Aaron_Lee on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Outcast wrote:Script fight should be used all the time in my opinion. Where's the fun in typing a bunch of /me's and do's? Also, to kill someone scriptly, it requries a certain ammount of skill, while roleplaying a "gun-fight" can always be abused to avoid getting shot.

/me and /do = RP server.

Hey, have you ever heard of DM servers where you don't need to use /me's and /do's? It may be more fun for you than staying here.
And no, Noone can dodge a bullet. Not even wolves for as long as your a good shooter. [Weapon skills] ( This is in my opinion)

_________________
Admins. . .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 548
Join date : 2010-12-21
Age : 19
Location : Philipppines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Simon Bourne on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:03 pm

The script rule thing has been changed a lot due to a fucking particular reason:

Everyone walking around shooting random people in public areas and maybe massive gang DM.

avatar
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War
Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere in Nevada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Outcast on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Aaron_Lee wrote:
Outcast wrote:Script fight should be used all the time in my opinion. Where's the fun in typing a bunch of /me's and do's? Also, to kill someone scriptly, it requries a certain ammount of skill, while roleplaying a "gun-fight" can always be abused to avoid getting shot.

/me and /do = RP server.

Hey, have you ever heard of DM servers where you don't need to use /me's and /do's? It may be more fun for you than staying here.
And no, Noone can dodge a bullet. Not even wolves for as long as your a good shooter. [Weapon skills] ( This is in my opinion)

Don't play smart on me. I remember that with this "roleplay" fighting crap, a shitload of people were "sniping" with /me's and basically powergamed without even /coining it. If you enjoy typing a brick of text on your screen for one stupid action, go for it. But by enforcing this rule, some people may quit and the whole point of ammunition would be gone. And a massive gun-fight? How the hell would that look? A bunch of people standing on the street and spamming /me's. No thank you.

I have a better solution:

In the new SAMP version, it will be possible to detect when player is taking damage and by who. The best solution would be to use skills script-wise and having a pre-defined success rate when shooting.

Ie:

Skill 1 - 25-50%
Skill 2 - 50-75%
Skill 3 - 75-100%

Let's say someone (player A) with a deagle and skill level 1 shoots a player B. When the damage is registered on player B, skill level of player A will be checked and the success rate of skill 1 is between 25-50%. Let's say the script returned that the player A "missed", the health of a player B would be increased for the amount of damage taken. If the script returned that the player A hit the player, nothing would happen and player B would loose the health like in normal GTA. It would be a more fair way to fight and skill levels would be more usefull than there are now, and the posibility to PG and abuse the system would be none.
avatar
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 23
Location : Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Jericho Phelps on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Zero. wrote:
tagtag wrote:
Zero. wrote:
Bryan_Dan wrote:If you have a deagle and you want to shoot the other player's legs 3 times or more scriptly, he'll die scriptly, So that's the reason why I disagree with this suggestion.

Uhmm not really, the Desert Eagle kills in 1 or 2 shots in real life, i don't see any difference ...getting shot in the leg with a .50 caliber handgun, fucking painful.

1st. IC most of the time it's not a Desert Eagle.
2nd. Getting shot in the leg with anything (even if the damn leg is teared off) is NOT an instakill.
3rd. Scripting system is just fine, if Sean /do Fail for no reason, report him, goddamit.

1st. A lot of people RP the handgun being a Deagle.
2nd. You clearly have no fucking idea of life, a single stray bullet can hit an artery and you'll bleed out in 4-5 minutes.
3rd. Not really, you need permission from now on to scriptly kill people.

1st. We'll they're pure *insult*
2nd. Saw the word Instakill? Yeah.
3rd. What? I know the current Scripting system. I was obv. referring to that. He RPly shot Sean if he /do FAIL for a dumb reason its reportable not scriptkillable.

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?
Posts : 310
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21
Location : The deep internets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum