Trolling.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trolling.

Post by Nico on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:37 pm

This is VHRP,where everyone roleplays extremely epic characters which are unbeliveably unreal. Some people go raging over these facts.
-Cough-
Domiq-..nevermind. But dude,your character was a werewolf wasn't it ? Also,we're not here to roleplay 100% real life,we're here to have fun and entertain ourselves. This is an advanced RP server,but we don't have to go into the smallest detail and mock other's way of roleplaying just because it's 'not good enough'. Before you criticize others criticize yourself first.
-Cough-
So instead of criticizing other's RPs in a really unsuitable way,why don't you give them advices on how to improve their RP ?
Seeker,if you are so against the way we RP here,why don't you write a guide on how RP should be ? C'mon,you can criticize,but why don't you actually do about it ? Stop trolling others and if you really want it to change,write a guide,do something helpful rather than mock others or bitch on the forums. Of course,you can quote each word in this post and say some bla bla bullshit about it. Your choice,all I'm trying to do is stop with all this useless discussions you bring onto the forums.

So yeah,stop hating and start helping.(Goes for everyone)

_________________
If you get hot you gotta get cool.
avatar
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?
Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 21
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Peter Greenson on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:43 pm


Unreal! Someone actually wants to do something!


Last edited by Peter Greenson on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2558
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Samara on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Lucian Corvin wrote:So yeah,stop hating and start helping.(Goes for everyone)

Yes mom...

-Glances at the ground, saddened.-



_________

As I said. Butthurt.



Last edited by Karla Alderman on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Samara
Management
Management

Posts : 1354
Join date : 2011-03-12
Age : 23
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Nico on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Karla Alderman wrote:As I said. Butthurt.




Useless trolling. If you don't have a smart reply or something useful to say..why say it ? Does it really make you feel better saying I'm butthurt ? Then,sure. I don't see what this topic has to do with that,or you posting in it.

_________________
If you get hot you gotta get cool.
avatar
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?
Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 21
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Peter Greenson on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 pm

^true that, why?
avatar
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2558
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Sam Akabara on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:53 pm

I hate you all equally.

_________________

avatar
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Posts : 951
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 25
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Samara on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Lucian Corvin wrote:
Karla Alderman wrote:As I said. Butthurt.


-Image-

Useless trolling. If you don't have a smart reply or something useful to say..why say it ? Does it really make you feel better saying I'm butthurt ? Then,sure. I don't see what this topic has to do with that,or you posting in it.

Nico, I'm not a troll, Nor am I trying to be, or have ever claimed to be.

Rather than making a topic aimed at Seeker because he well.. Owned you, and because I backed him on it, You could simply PM him about it.

He's not unfair in any way at all, as I said, you could have sent him a PM and sorted it out.


Last edited by Karla Alderman on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Samara
Management
Management

Posts : 1354
Join date : 2011-03-12
Age : 23
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:53 pm

This is too much biased, and I see people making the groups and backing up each other again. Like we're in world war or something.

I'd like this to stop.
avatar
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Posts : 1098
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 22
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Dominique LaRue on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:58 pm


_________________
Dominique LaRue
LaRue Investigations


☦️ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭
Mashina Import & Export Company


Dr. Friedhelm Hans Metzger, M.D. Ph.D.
Neurologist/Psychologist from Germany

Special use only. (IE: Forum RP, IG Events)
Spoiler:
Governor Thomas J. Woodham
Vice-Chair of the San Andreas Licensing Commission, since 1989
The State of San Andreas
avatar
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

Posts : 443
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 34
Location : Palomino Creek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Nico on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Karla Alderman wrote:
Lucian Corvin wrote:
Karla Alderman wrote:As I said. Butthurt.


-Image-

Useless trolling. If you don't have a smart reply or something useful to say..why say it ? Does it really make you feel better saying I'm butthurt ? Then,sure. I don't see what this topic has to do with that,or you posting in it.

Nico, I'm not a troll, Nor am I trying to be, or have ever claimed to be.

Rather than making a topic aimed at Seeker because he well.. Owned you, and because I backed him on it, You could simply PM him about it.

He's not unfair in any way at all, as I said, you could have sent him a PM and sorted it out.

Have you actually read what this is about ? Or you are just keen on telling me I got owned ?

Owned you, and because I backed him on it
*Claps*Great admin we have here!

Look...I posted this to try and help. I get you trolling. Yes you are a troll,now post something useful or better not post. Stop trolling around,no-one owned me,and if he's so good criticizing us all and trolling around,he can write a guide about how should we RP. So duh..don't troll if you don't get the topic's idea.


_________________
If you get hot you gotta get cool.
avatar
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?
Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 21
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Sam Akabara on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:01 pm


This guide is biased and destroys many VHRP characters. Therefore, i shall be using the following guide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(character)

_________________

avatar
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Posts : 951
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 25
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 pm

I see where is this going.
avatar
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Posts : 1098
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 22
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Max Woods on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Seeker is a woman/girl .... Why does everyone call her a "he?"
avatar
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Posts : 1171
Join date : 2011-01-02
Location : Croatia, Sea Side

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Samara on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Max Woods wrote:Seeker is a woman/girl .... Why does everyone call her a "he?"

/Facepalm
Because Seeker is actually a guy and his forum profile is based on his character..?

avatar
Samara
Management
Management

Posts : 1354
Join date : 2011-03-12
Age : 23
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Max Woods on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Karla Alderman wrote:
Max Woods wrote:Seeker is a woman/girl .... Why does everyone call her a "he?"

/Facepalm
Because Seeker is actually a guy and his forum profile is based on his character..?



avatar
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Posts : 1171
Join date : 2011-01-02
Location : Croatia, Sea Side

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Ferdinand Brixius on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Sam Akabara wrote:I hate you all equally.

I loathe you with a passon. Same goes for everyone else.
avatar
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.
Posts : 652
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 21
Location : Birmingham, England.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Victor_Jankowski on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 pm

sure, so /me aims and shoots 54 times is advanced RP. and rp means to pretend shit like real life. i personally don't see people jumping on cars roofs every day.

_________________
avatar
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Posts : 531
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 23
Location : In the 5th Hell.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Kevin Alymer on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 am

Seeker is right but the attitude she uses to point her facts is not the best. Yet, she is right on the matter. Having overpowered characters, that are good at everything is one of the reasons there's such thing as RP for the win. The player has the idea that his character is indestructible.

Players should learn on how to be fair.
avatar
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Posts : 1383
Join date : 2011-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Ferdinand Brixius on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 am

Kevin Alymer wrote:Seeker is right but the attitude she uses to point her facts is not the best. Yet, she is right on the matter. Having overpowered characters, that are good at everything is one of the reasons there's such thing as RP for the win. The player has the idea that his character is indestructible.

Players should learn on how to be fair.

If you do have a character, you should at least be trained. My character Ferdinand has been trained to have a large amount of endurance and strength, because he is Kinfolk, such things are limited.
avatar
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.
Posts : 652
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 21
Location : Birmingham, England.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Sam Akabara on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 am

You can have all the training you want. If i cut your arm off, i expect you to bleed.

If it bleeds, i can kill it.

_________________

avatar
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Posts : 951
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 25
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Jamie Steel on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 am


Fuck that.
TL;DR


The thing with the internet is, you'll always find a "critic" or somebody that just isn't generally happy about shit. In my opinion the best way is to avoid the OOC shit and just go with the flow ICly, otherwise your OOC actions will affect your IC feelings and it will also affect the way you see the server.
avatar
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2011-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Dominique LaRue on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 am

Jamie Steel wrote:TL;DR

Yeah, I know. Reading is so difficult, especially on an RP server. It's so unrealistic of me to assume that people will spend the 10 minutes to read a guide to better their RP. In fact, I'm going to make another TL;DR post. Good thing is, it's not my fault if you don't read it.

When I put forth the effort, people lose the right to bitch about my bitching.

Jamie Steel wrote:The thing with the internet is, you'll always find a "critic" or somebody that just isn't generally happy about shit. In my opinion the best way is to avoid the OOC shit and just go with the flow ICly, otherwise your OOC actions will affect your IC feelings and it will also affect the way you see the server.

You say it like criticism is a bad thing, especially constructive criticism or criticism about a valid issue. Fact of the matter is, a lot of the people that say "o god seeker u r so mad y u complayn abot rp" are the same ones who also complain about the RP on the server. They're the same ones who make passive-aggressive rants. They're the same ones who will stop and have a /b argument with someone for 15-30 minutes until both sides give up and just report each other. They're the same ones who don't like a majority of the RP on the server but only when it affects them. They don't care about the "super macho badass assassin master spy projectile-ejaculatory ninjaman" until he interrupts their RP with his bullshit. They don't care until they bump head on with those who also RP to win.

So when people comment on my posts with anything in the variation of "Seeker you just complain a lot ugh you so whine," I roll my eyes. Because every single one of those people whines and complains too. Most of them just whine to their group of friends, to their factions, privately to the admins, or in /b confrontations. They only whine on the forums in the most rage-filled of situations. Check the unban reports, the player complaints, check character profiles. I'm not the only one out there whining; I'm not the only one unhappy about the RP on this server. No matter what some people make it seem like.

However, for this topic: Besides Lucian's rage and finger-flurry before and during this thread, I do absolutely agree with his request to post a guide. I think it's a fair policy that "if you don't like it, show us how to do it right." So I posted a guide that I wrote earlier this year on another server and that I had promised to Peter long ago that I would post sometime. Problem is, now, I know that the people who need it most will not read it.

But, and this is the most important part, there are a lot of regular players of VHRP that have the capacity to be good RPers. I see the potential all over the board there. Sure, someone's grammar might not be perfect- but that's understandable because people are learning. What I mean is that people show they have the ability to get into a character and follow it along. Problem is, they make very theoretically weak characters. Usually, these people just envision a caricature of something or roleplay essentially themselves. Because SA-MP was not built for RP and neither was GTA, RP on SA-MP carries a very hostile and personally competitive environment. More so than any other RP I know. Combine this with people just loosely playing themselves (as someone with a different name and occupation, also a vampire/werewolf/mobster/cop/whatever) and you get people who just want to win.

The best way to get over this is by creating a more realistic character. I can teach people lots of RP tips, tricks. I can tell people lots of stories from my past RPs. I can help people with their writing, their dialogue, their descriptions, their emotes, anything. The easiest and most-influential, however, is the foundation of your character. If you can build or define your character more, it improves your RP exponentially. It separates you from your character without separating your ability to RP the character. It gives you more things to do with that character. It prepares you for that character. It gives you insight into that character.

Creating a character is different for everyone. I've known people who could make a character in seconds and be roleplaying it convincingly the next minute and with the same depth I'd find in a developed and deliberated character. Most of the advanced RPers I know will spend a long time on their character before roleplaying them for the first time. I'm not asking you to be like my friend Jennifer who will not RP a character until she has written out their biography, a few rap sheets, made a character story, figured out every bit of their motivation, and made them make perfect sense. Especially in SA-MP RP, it's just not necessary- you will rarely find people who have the patience to RP something more advanced than an irregular nonviolent encounter. So I'm asking you to follow those nine steps loosely and spend the ten or fifteen minutes of effort to make something of your playing.

It's one thing to disagree with what I'm saying and provide a why more convincing than "well it's not going to change." But if people are just going to say that I'm complaining too much and then turn around and spend twenty minutes having a /b argument in game, they're being hypocrites. Unproductive ones. There's no shame in taking advice from someone's roleplay. I've been roleplaying longer than some of you have been capable of saying more than incoherent sounds or "mama, papa." I write professionally for a living while I'm a student, I have since I was 13 years of age. A lot of people on this server don't know how things in America work, well I live there. I study the law there at a university as my primary field of expertise. I am always willing to help, even if I just tore your awful roleplay a new asshole. If you want to say "okay, Seeker, how do I make my character more X/Y/Z," I will try to tell you a few ways and you can work from there.

I'm not a monster just because I expect people to roleplay and not just make this into a glorified PEN1 server where you need to follow a few extra steps before you kill someone.

_________________
Dominique LaRue
LaRue Investigations


☦️ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭
Mashina Import & Export Company


Dr. Friedhelm Hans Metzger, M.D. Ph.D.
Neurologist/Psychologist from Germany

Special use only. (IE: Forum RP, IG Events)
Spoiler:
Governor Thomas J. Woodham
Vice-Chair of the San Andreas Licensing Commission, since 1989
The State of San Andreas
avatar
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

Posts : 443
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 34
Location : Palomino Creek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Sam Akabara on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:31 am

QUESTION:
Do you still play here, cause i ain't seen you on in yonks.

_________________

avatar
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Posts : 951
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 25
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Dominique LaRue on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 am

Sam Akabara wrote:QUESTION:
Do you still play here, cause i ain't seen you on in yonks.

Sort of. I don't play on any other server or any other roleplaying game at the time. I originally stopped coming in game and announced my absence because I was very busy with my education. Now that things are calming down, I have more spare time again. I was removed from administration for my inactivity (despite the fact that some admins have been inactive since before I even joined the server)- that's the first reason I'm not raring to come back at full speed. There are a few people on this server who want me to stay, so I try to for them. However, I have still not gone in game because people are still roleplaying the same way they were months ago. Except, now, there is more violence, more dramatic plots that end with voidings, and people are all caught up in this "trolling" trend to boot.

So I haven't left the server, per se, but I'm not active.

_________________
Dominique LaRue
LaRue Investigations


☦️ Oleg Pamyatnikh ☭
Mashina Import & Export Company


Dr. Friedhelm Hans Metzger, M.D. Ph.D.
Neurologist/Psychologist from Germany

Special use only. (IE: Forum RP, IG Events)
Spoiler:
Governor Thomas J. Woodham
Vice-Chair of the San Andreas Licensing Commission, since 1989
The State of San Andreas
avatar
Dominique LaRue
Management
Management

Posts : 443
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 34
Location : Palomino Creek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Sam Akabara on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:41 am

Weellll maybe you should lead by example by coming ig and showing them all how to do it.
Yarp.

_________________

avatar
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Posts : 951
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 25
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trolling.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum